Kraken Review Conclusion
The Kraken is a real industry leader, and one of the best bitcoin exchanges today.
- Low fees
- Excellent liquidity in both USD and EUR markets
- Margin and futures trading supported
- Only exchange platform selected to support investigation into Mt. Gox’s stolen Bitcoins
- Sometimes has uptime problems when market gets hot
- Verifications take time
- No credit card deposits or withdrawals
If you’re looking for a safe exchange with low fees (especially if you’re in Europe), then Kraken is an obvious choice. Post your experience with Kraken exchange in the comments, we would love to hear from you.
Go to kraken.com
Kraken Fees Analysis
When it comes to fees, Kraken has reduced its prices drastically in order to stay ahead of the competition and currently is one of the cheapest trading platforms. The exchange charges the following fiat withdrawal fees:
EUR SEPA Withdrawal – EEA countries only €0.09
GBP SWIFT Wire Transfer – 0.125% with £35 minimum fee
USD SWIFT Withdrawal – all other countries 0.125% with $35 minimum fee
USD FedWire – available in the United States, $5 flat fee
CAD EFT – Canada only, 0.25%
JPY SWIFT – worldwide, 0.125% with $35 minimum fee
Cryptocurrency withdrawal fees and minimum amounts are different between each coin. Here are some examples, always refer to Kraken’s updated fee schedule for the current withdrawal fees.
- Bitcoin ฿0.0005
- Ether Ξ0.005
- Ether Classic ξ0.00500
- Ripple Ʀ0.02000
- Litecoin Ł0.02000
- Dogecoin Ð2.00
- Stellar STR 0.00002
- Zcash ⓩ0.00010
- Augur (REP) Ɍ0.01000
When it comes to deposits, Kraken charges flat fees for the majority of transfers. ACH and Fedwire cost 5 USD, SWIFT deposits cost 35 USD / EUR and SEPA transfers are free if sent through Fidor bank. Most of the deposits performed in cryptocurrency are free, except for the smaller, less liquid coins. You can find the updated fee schedule for crypto deposits here. For some coins, Kraken also charges a small address setup fee.
Trading fees are charged for both maker and taker, and they start at 0.16% for the maker and 0.26% for the taker. As the trading volume increases, fees percentage steadily drops all the way to 0.00% for the maker and 0.10% for the taker.
Futures fees are charged between -0.020% (instant rebate for makers) and 0.075% for takers.
For margin trading, Kraken charges an opening fee of 0.01%-0.02% and a rollover fee of 0.01%-0.02% after every 4 hours until the leveraged position is open in the trading platform.
This weapon does primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- High critical chance and critical multiplier.
- Very high status chance.
- Fast reload speed.
Benefits from magazine increasing mods to further increase the burst’s damage.
shoots all remaining ammunition in the magazine in a quick burst.
- Polarizing the weapon increases its max rank by 2, capping at rank 40 after 5 polarizations, granting the weapon additional mod capacity.
- Comes with an additional bonus Impact, Heat, Cold, Electricity, Toxin, Magnetic, or Radiation damage, based on the Kuva Lich’s progenitor Warframe.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with four bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Kuva Kraken, compared to Kraken:
- Lower base damage (43.1 vs. 49.0)
- Lower Impact damage (32.3 vs. 36.8)
- Lower Puncture damage (5.4 vs. 6.1)
- Lower Slash damage (5.4 vs. 6.1)
- Higher fire rate (6.77 rounds/sec vs. 4.42 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (21 rounds vs. 14 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (1.5 s vs. 2.45 s)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (15 vs. 0)
- Lower base damage (43.1 vs. 49.0)
- The Alternate Fire of the Kuva Kraken will eject all of the remaining ammunition in the magazine in a single burst.
- Because of this fact, increasing the magazine size of the weapon such as with Slip Magazine and using recoil reduction mods like Steady Hands can help to make its damage output more consistent and reliable.
- If buffed with unlimited ammo such as from the , the weapon will only fire its magazine amount at a time, with small delays between each trigger pull.
- The weapon will have a prefix of the name of the Kuva Lich it was acquired from (e.g. Golopp Lidd Kuva Kraken).
- The weapon’s max rank caps at 40 after 5 polarizations (max rank increases by 2 per Forma added).
- Additional polarizations can be added when the weapon reaches its new max rank at that polarization level.
- Each additional rank also gives Mastery Rank Experience, giving 4,000 points in total.
Mod capacity scales with the additional ranks, and can reach a total of 80 at rank 40 with an Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Without an Orokin Catalyst, the max is 40. Combined with the five polarized mod slots required to reach that point, an Orokin Catalyst might not be required to finish modding the Kuva Ayanga.
- After polarizing a weapon, any additional mod capacity above 30 (60 with an Orokin Catalyst) will not take effect until the weapon’s rank reaches 31 and above.
- Comes with an additional bonus damage stat, dependent on the Warframe that summoned the Lich.
|Impact||Baruuk • Gauss • Grendel • Rhino • Wukong • Zephyr|
|Heat||Chroma • Ember • Inaros • Nezha • Vauban • Wisp|
|Cold||Frost • Gara • Hildryn • Revenant • Titania • Trinity|
|Electricity||Banshee • Excalibur • Limbo • Nova • Valkyr • Volt|
|Toxin||Atlas • Ivara • Khora • Nekros • Nidus • Oberon • Saryn|
|Magnetic||Harrow • Hydroid • Mag • Mesa|
|Radiation||Ash • Equinox • Garuda • Loki • Mirage • Nyx • Octavia|
Kraken offers less than ten different cryptocurrencies for trading, but it is possible to make direct trades between all available pairs. Together with five fiat currencies, the exchange gives enough trading options for everyone.
For those who are looking to have maximum control over their trades, Kraken remains the best choice.
Margin trading is not available on all of the currency pairs, but only on the following most liquid altcoins:
Augur, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Monero, Ripple, Tether. You can trade these coins with margin against the USD and EUR or against Bitcoin and Ethereum. The amount of leverage depends on the coin, which varies between 2x and 5x (Bitcoin and Ethereum).
The exchange recently introduced futures trading where you can trade on leverage up to 50x. Futures trading is available for verified users only outside of the US. Perpetual futures are available for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin and quoted in USD.
Users can use various order types to manage risk like limit orders, advanced orders with predefined triggers, leveraged positions, margin trading as well as short selling.
XBT is Kraken’s short for Bitcoin, used instead BTC.
Ease of Use
Kraken software is highly rated for both professional and beginning cryptocurrency trading. The interface offers simple, intermediate and advanced templates, helping beginners to get their bearings and at the same time allowing expert traders to use all the advanced options they need.
The trading platform has an official iOS application and an Android application which include all the features you need for trading. Note that you need to connect your API key to the app, so familiarize yourself with the setup instructions before installing the app. Kraken Futures plafrom is currently running in a different applicaion for mobile devices, you can find the app in the Google Play store here or join the beta testing of the iOS app here.
You can also use trade.kraken.com directly from your mobile as the platform is fully mobile-optimized already.
Как пополнить счет или вывести средства с Кракен
Широкая популярность биржи связана, в первую очередь, с поддержкой большого количества криптовалют, в который попадают биткоин, эфириум, даш, лайткоин и прочие монеты. Также на торговой площадке имеются многие фиатные валюты: доллары, евро, фунты, иены. В общей сложности на Кракен можно провести конвертацию средств по 150 направлениям.
К сожалению, пополнять счет и выводить фиатные средства при помощи банковских карт на бирже невозможно, а также с весны 2018 года на площадке отключили возможность пополнения в евро и долларах через SWIFT. Для пополнения баланса деньгами можно выбрать один из следующих вариантов:
- банковский перевод SEPA – он доступен только жителям ЕС и только в евро;
- внутренний банковский перевод по Америке – только в USD;
- банковский перевод внутри Японии – в иенах без комиссии, но минимум нужно зачислять 5 тыс. иен;
Учтите, что банки взимают свою комиссию за отправку платежей, несмотря на отсутствие комиссионных на торговой площадке Кракен. Кроме фиатных валют, пополнять баланс можно криптовалютами с цифровых кошельков, других бирж или обменников. Все это выполняется в разделе Funding, в котором есть вкладка Deposit. Открыв ее, выбирайте валюту или монету, которой хотите сделать депозит.
С выводом средств с биржи все аналогично и доступны те же способы, но вместо вкладки Deposit нужно выбрать Withdraw.
The verification process is straightforward, but Kraken can be a bit strict when it comes to the higher tier verifications. There are four tiers. Tier 1 take only a few minutes and performed automatically if everything is submitted corretly. It can take longer if the application requires manual review. Tier 2 abd 3 verification usually takes a couple of days to complete. Tier 4 (corporate verification) take currently more than 5 days due to increased demand.
Kraken doesn’t allow deposits, withdrawals or trading without verification. Here’s how the user’s limits increase with tiers:
Tier 1 (Starter) – Deposits and withdrawals are available in digital currency only. Trading, on the other hand, can be performed with digital as well as fiat currencies. Tier 1 verification requires:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Country of residence and physical address
- Phone number verification
Tier 2 (Intermediate) – Deposits, withdrawals, and trading in digital currency are available. Margin trading is also available for verified accounts. Intermediate verification requires:
- Valid government ID
- Recent proof of residence
- Social Security Number (for US clients)
Tier 3 (Pro) – fiat currency deposits and withdrawals are available, and the funding limits, API call limites are way higher than in the intermediate verification. Tier 3 verification also allows margin trading. The verification requires a KYC to be filled out and signed.
Tier 4 (Pro Corporate) – Corporate account verification requires contacting support and providing company specific documents to support the application.
Deposit and withdrawal limits are sorted per tiers:
Tier 1 (Starter) – Fiat deposits and withdrawals are not possible. Deposits in digital currencies don’t have a limit, while withdrawals are limited to $5000 per day and $150,000 per month. Verification for Tier 1 requires some basic personal information without providing any supporting documentation.
Tier 2 (Intermediate) -Deposits and withdrawals in FIAT currency are both limited to $100,000 per day and $500,000 per month. Cryptocurrency withdrawals are limited to $500,000 per day and $15M per month. The verification requirement for Tier 2 is a government-issued passport and a proof of address..
Tier 3 (Pro) – Fiat deposits and withdrawals are limited to $10M daily and $100M monthly. Withdrawals in digital currencies are limited to $10M per day and $300M per month. There is no deposit limit for Pro users. Tier 3 verification requires and additional KYC questionnaire to be filled out and signed.
Kraken accepts the following fiat currencies:
- US dollar (USD)
- Canadian dollar (CAD)
- GB Pound (GBP)
- Euro (EUR)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
And users can trade these cryptocurrencies:Augur (REP), Basic Attention Token (BAT), Bitcoin (XBT), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Cardano (ADA), Chainlink (LINK), Cosmos (ATOM), Dash (DASH), Dai (DAI), Dogecoin (XDG), EOS (EOS), Ethereum (ETH), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Gnosis (GNO), ICON (ICX), Litecoin (LTC), Watermelon (MLN), Monero (XMR), Nano (NANO), OmiseGO (OMG), PAX Gold (PAXG), QTUM (QTUM), Ripple (XRP), Siacoin (SC), Stellar Lumens (XLM), Tether (Omni Layer) (USDT), Tezos (XTZ), Waves (WAVES), Zcash (ZEC).
Possible trading pairs and fee schedule for each pair can be found here.